You Can Never Go Home

Whoever said, "you can never go home again" was wrong. Maybe they just don't have the amazing system of family and friends, which I have. Whatever the reason, they are just wrong. After living in South Carolina for eight years, I came back to my  hometown  for the summer. My family and friends have made me feel so loved, and shown me so much warmth and support, I am almost overwhelmed. With most, it was like no time had even passed, and with others, catching up has been filled with laughs and giggles and a few very late nights at the bon fire. No one has made me feel like I no longer belong, although a few jokes about my blood being thinner and not being able to take the cooler temperatures here, were made at my expense. Of course I give the ribbing as well as I receive it. A few bald jokes, a few burnt biscuit jokes and a couple barefoot and pregnant jokes were shared by me as well. A LOT of laughs have been shared, and a few tears also shared, during this summer of healing.
I was in a dark place in my life when I came here in June. I had a lot of questions about why I had stayed in South Carolina, and I learned, that while I love my family and friends here, I completely miss my family and friends in my new home state. I am not there because I am stuck there, I am living there, because I want to be there. That is an amazing discovery to make, and it's like releasing the chains off my heart, making it possible for me to love everyone, past, present and future, with a love that only I can give.
On Sunday, when I go home, I am ready to show everyone, what a joy I truly can be again, how much hard work I have done to recover this summer, and how much progress I have made in my recovery. I am excited, nervous, but most of all......I am ready.

Remember: Give the man upstairs a call, He wants to hear from you, and gives great advice, even if you don't understand it at first. Love someone like you will not be here tomorrow to love them.....and most of all.....GO BE PHYSICAL. Tomorrow is not promised, and you never know what will happen them.
Peace!!

Comments

  1. Wonderful. I am soooo glad you are doing better and out of that dark place. Love you Danelle, thanks for being you and loving me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear you were able to find some clarity and peace. I just love reading your posts. You are truly an amazing person and always in my prayers. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Three Simple Words

The Long Road Back