God's Sense of Humor


My husband "retired" about a month or so ago. Well, that's what he claims he did. We are building a farm. We live mortgage free, we have no utility payments, since we are 100% solar and wind powered. I grow a LOT of our food, and we're adding chickens for eggs and cattle for beef and other trading purposes. We are in the process of building a house, again payment free.  So really, we have no bills other than some food (my Doritos addiction) and entertainment. This is why he claims to be retired. He says he just wants to be a farmer. We are both tired of the hustle and bustle of trying to achieve a standard that was set by someone else. We want simpler, not easier. And we found it.....in our farm.

He was talking to his mother on the phone a few days ago, and I heard him exclaim that he's never been as busy as he has been since "retiring". His business, that we used as side money, but now live on the proceeds, has suddenly "taken-off"! It made plenty for our needs, but it's expanding by leaps and bounds so fast now, I am not sure I can keep up with all the growth in the books. His plans were to work the shop as it has been running and spend more time playing in the dirt with me here at home, building our dream......

He made plans and God laughed.

God wasn't ready for him to stop working, apparently. God knows our hearts, He searches our minds and our souls and knows what's best for us, and He uses this knowledge to lead us into His work without our even knowing we're doing the Lord's work yet. He keeps apologizing for not having more time to help me in the garden, or building a new fence for the cattle, or for finishing the siding on phase one of the house. But God has plans for his work. Besides knowing that retiring before 50 would drive my husband bonkers, God knows that my husband's work is important to many people, for many different reasons.  I know God has plans for us, and honestly, I am okay with it all. My husband doesn't even know all the reasons his own work is important to people, but God does, and God's hand is guiding us both through all the changes. It's so amazing to watch God work sometimes, but I think the most amazing works are yet to be accomplished in my husband. He's an amazing man, so how could God not accomplish amazing things through him?

Remember, talk to God......God loves your voice, and you will be better for it, even if you don't see it right-away. Try to find something amazing in the next person you meet, because we all have something amazing inside us. Don't live a life of regrets.....but most of all; GO BE PHYSICAL TODAY!! Tomorrow will be too late.
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God