My Own Anything.

When I was a little girl, imagining how my life would be now, I imagined a much sweeter thing, than reality. Imagination is great for seeing the sweet side of life. Why do we as adults lose so much of our imagination; our openness to new ideas, new thoughts or new values? Have we been so jaded that any new idea that takes us out of our "comfort zone" scares the holiness out of us? I like to think of myself as an open-minded person, but I find myself asking, "What does that mean?" I have tried so many remedies and life altering treatments, in an effort to cure myself, that I honestly don't know anymore what's healthy, what might kill me, and what may only shorten my quality of life. I don't know what I can or can't tolerate any longer. I don't know what I SHOULD tolerate now. I feel betrayed by doctors, beaten down by people who don't "see" a sick or disabled person, and by regulations on what I can and can't be allowed to take, say or do for myself and on my behalf. No one seems to have the power to even help me, or they're too afraid to, let alone to cure me or fix me.
I read in a book, recently, about a trick to letting go of my worries and give them to God. Find a box, put a slot into the lid, and when I have a request, write it and put the folded paper through the slot. Voila! No more problem. I don't trust any ideas any longer. I don't trust any words of encouragement. I don't trust any words from anyone right now. I promised myself to take at least one thing away from this book, and this is the thing. It can't hurt me anymore than doctors and other people have hurt me.
"Lean not on your own understanding."

Remember: Talk to God, even when it doesn't seem like it, He hears you and loves you. Love someone with everything you have to offer. It gets easier with practice. Most of all....GO BE PHYSICAL! Tomorrow WILL be too late!

Comments

  1. Good, you are back, I was wondering what happened to you. Your blog posts have always been a source of strength and comfort to me, even though I had no idea what you were going through. Now, my health has taken a turn for the worse. I got out of the hospital a while ago and I still have many tests and a long road to recovery. One doctor told me, "we don't know why you are still alive".. Made me all warm and fuzzy. Anyway, keep posting and i will do the same, perhaps we can gain comfort from each other.. God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tootsies, I just saw this. I didn't know you were ill? Hmmmm I need to check in onmy friends a bit more apparently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God