Oh Happy Day!!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!!!!! Oh Happy Day!!!
It's been a few weeks, since I have had time to really get online and do anything. Sorry it's been so long, life just gets in the way sometimes. I am up in Indiana for a few weeks, taking care of some things for my dad, and he didn't have internet until recently. My hometown is pretty much the same, but it's not...does that make sense? The pie company is still down the road one way, the bowling alley the other. Traffic is still loud and emergency vehicles still go by at all hours of the night blaring their sirens. The major difference here, right now, is the unemployment rate. It's a whopping 13% and that is actually a better number than it's been for a while. The normal unemployment rate here is 4% so this is kind of scary to me, but I have faith things will keep improving here.

I came to my dad's house and being a woman the first thing I noticed was the dirt. Dad is okay at vacuuming and keeping things okay looking, but when it comes to dusting or deep cleaning, well, let's just say, he's not as enthusiastic about it.  I have been deep cleaning his house for him, taking things off the walls and cleaning them, washing and ironing curtains, things like that, and I have been over doing it BIG TIME. My back has been hurting greatly, and nothing I have tried has been helping, so I took today off, and maybe tomorrow too. I will only shampoo the two bathroom carpets, even though I am sure the other need it as well. I will have the girls do the vacuuming for me, because that always hurts me, but I am trying to not bog them down with too much work, so I only ask them to do things here and there.

When we get to the outside work, I am letting the girls do the brunt of it. I KNOW digging out bushes and such from the foundation of the house will hurt me, but I think I can handle some loppers on the tree limbs. Alex is going to use the electric hedge trimmers and Kenzi will do a lot of the digging, and I am even enlisting the help of my brothers to clean the gutters. (no way am I climbing any ladders)

It's been great to see all my family here, but the whole trip so far has been exhausting. I am used to the quiet, peaceful life of being a country girl, and the noise here keeps me up half the night. When I do sleep I wake every hour or with every car that drives by. Dad's smoke detectors are cracking me up. The batteries were low so they beeped constantly, but Dad said he had news one to install, so he didn't want the batteries changed until then. On Father's Day, my brother came to fix a light that was bad, and he installed the new smoke detectors. Ahhhhhhh sweet peace.....so I thought. Apparently, the new smoke detectors are old enough that those batteries are bad too. so back to the beeping again, but this time I am armed with new batteries, so that will end this week!! The ceilings are pretty high here, so I have to break out the ladder to get to them, but I will get them done.

What I have learned is, I am my dad's only daughter, and while that makes me spoiled rotten, that also comes with the responsibility of caring for him even though I live 700 miles away. I cannot stay away for 3 years only seeing him when he comes to visit, I need to make yearly or even bi yearly visits to take care of him a bit more, and there will come a day when he will need even more care than I can give from this distance.I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Remember to be good to yourself, smile more than you need to, love with everything you have, sacrafice yourself to someone else, and most importantly....go be physical today, because tomorrow might be too late.
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God