Reflections


My time in Indiana, has left me with a lot of time to think. Mostly, I have been simply remembering things in the past..the couple who lived next door to us when I was growing up, and how he would keep the lawn so neat and weed free(the current owners haven't cut the grass since I have been in town), and how neat she kept the house, and how she and her sister loved to sit on her front porch and watch the traffic and us kids playing. I think a lot about playing ditchem and ghost in graveyard until way after dark, and that it was safe to do so. Things are different now, no way would I let my kids out in the neighborhood after dark here, but I will let them play out in the fenced back yard with friends. I won't even let them go to the parks without me. It may be perfectly safe, but not living here any longer, I just don't know.
World wide devastations, hurricanes, earthquakes, wars. It all plays a part to keep people on their toes. A friend of mine today said, she's had more than her share of devastation, and she's right....I think we all have, but as another friend said...The Bible never promises us we would never have things to overcome, only that we have the tools to overcome. This is so true!!! Without the rain, the flowers won't grow, and without pain and persecution, we will never appreciate the joy we feel.

Someday when I look back on this time, and see my reflection in the water. I will look differently, but behind my eyes, will be the same person, as always. 

Remember.....Give God His Glory, Love more than you think you should, laugh hard and often, and smile at a stranger, you never know, you might be the only smile they see today.....but most of all...GO BE PHYSICAL!! Tomorrow may be too late.
Peace!!

Comments

  1. Ms. Danelle, you are an inspiration. I love reading what you write. Love and God Bless!

    -Kelbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God