A New Day

I started a new "therapy" yesterday. I read about some nutrients for my body, which directly effect the bones, spine, nerves and muscle cell regeneration, and since most people are deficient in these, I figure I am too, since I eat like a garbage can. (okay my diet isn't that bad, but I do have a potato chip addiction, and I go on chocolate binges, and I LOVE Mexican-American food, complete with grease, cholesterol and all) Needless to say day two and my stomach is revolting on me. Apparently, my body is so used to being a garbage can that it is in shock with all the healthy stuff it's getting.  It's probably a fluke that my back doesn't hurt today, so far. I haven't done much other than make my coffee, let the dogs out, and take my vitamins and such, but normally, by now, I have needed a pain pill, to walk, and so far, today, I have needed nothing and my pain is not bad enough to need anything. THIS I can live with. If every day started this way, I could live to a ripe old age, being a very happy and content woman.
So, what is my big "therapy"? I don't want to tell yet, I want to see the effects overall on my body the new supplements have first. I will tell you, they are all natural, made from the Earth, and cheaper- MUCH CHEAPER than my pain meds. I already take a multi vitamin and magnesium, and I plan to add calcium and potassium to this, since I read my vitamin bottle, and well, let's just say where it may have more than 2000% of my B Vitamins and such, it has less than 50% of my calcium needs, and less than 100% of my iron and potassium needs. I looked around and most multi vitamins have these same numbers, so I will most likely have to add calcium and iron to my vitamins no matter how I supplement. It sounds funny that someone who is hell-bent on changing the way I live, eat and drink would turn to supplements, but there are a few reasons for this. (remember this is all a learning curve for me, and will be adjusted as needed)
My first reason is, I don't eat enough in a day to get everything I need, and quite honestly, I don't think I could eat enough in one day to do this. I just don't eat much. Period. I know, right now, there is someone reading this, thinking (after cussing me out in their head), how does one not eat much? I just don't like to eat, because most of the foods I crave and want aren't the foods my body needs, so it's easier not to eat at all, than to cram myself full of foods I don't want. I LOVE vegetables, and proper health foods, but they aren't what I want or reach for first thing in the morning when my body says...mmmmmm Poptarts. Eventually I will change this in myself, but for right now, I like leaning on my comfort foods, and what my body wants is junk (an addiction I need to change, but haven't so far. That is step 2)
Reason two: I don't have the knowledge yet, to know what my spinal needs are and what they aren't. I am still learning (or is it relearning) what my body needs. What makes each intricate part of my system tick, and what makes it go haywire and be in pain. That will be a learning process in itself, and adding to it with useless foods and junk isn't beneficial, so it's time to consoldate my intake making it easier to pin point any problem areas. It goes abck to that learning curve, and will be adjusted as needed. Remember, God gave us everything right here on Earth to survive and to thrive....there is no need for chemical, synthetic drugs, to accomodate for inadequecies. Just because it's not what I want right now, doesn't mean it's not what is best for me right now, and apparently the things I want isn't what's best for me.  If it were, I wouldn't be where I am right now, would I?
Reason three: Most of the trace minerals in our bodies we get from  foods grown in mineral rich soils where the food absorbs these minerals, and then our bodies absorb them when we eat. Problem: our soils are so depleted of these minerals that it's almost impossible to get these trace minerals into our diets. (That is a whole other article in itself)
I am sure if I sit here long enough I can think of more reasons, but today is a good day. I feel good, I feel I look good, and I am ready to go face the world. Errrrr my little corner of the world. It's a bubble blowing sort of day!!!
I promise if I continue to feel this good, I will share my secrets, but for right now, until I know without a doubt it's working, I am keeping it to myself. 
Remember: God loves your voice, and you need His guidance....so go talk to Him. Who knows how it will benefit you or someone close to you, when you do.....Love someone in spite of them deserving it; the ones who are the hardest to love are usually the ones who need it the most......but most of all....GO BE PHYSICAL!!!!! Tomorrow may be too late!!
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God