Back To The Basics

Ok so my minor melt down is past. I think the stress of everything just got to me, but I have spent time in prayer, regrouped and now, all better.
Back to the task at hand......Healing...

I learned this healing process will be a long one. I guess since it took me 37 years to get here, expecting to be healed in a few weeks or months was pretty foolish thinking. I have to change my entire way of thinking about my health overall, not just my back. Processed foods...bad...fresh fruits and veggies..good. That sounds like an elementary way to look at things, but it's what I have to do, get back to the basics of life. I couldn't put a garden in this spring, but I am already planning my gardens for next year. The only hitch is, we are selling our house, and I am not sure where we will be living, how much space I will have to plant, or even if I will have enough room to plant. If not, patio containers, here I come.

My pain is no where near what it was, so the water is helping, and now I am walking on my treadmill again. Not long at a time, but daily. There is hope. 

As my daughters' have grown up I have limited their amount of sodas and sweets, as much as a mom can. I didn't let them eat a ton of junk food, made them eat vegetables and had them drink more water than anything else. Yes they are Kool-aid kids, but even that was in moderation. So I have to do the same thing with myself now. Tea and coffee are not "drinks" any longer, they are treats now. Potato chips and junk food are being weaned out of my diet, and grapes and fresh veggies have taken their place.

There is one tip to remember when changing your diet to include more water than any other drink...salt is no longer a taboo item in my diet. When you drink large quantities of water, your electrolytes can go out of whack a bit. Your body will flush out a LOT of salts and other nutrients which were stored in your fat cells and such, so your body loses many vital elements it needs. This is a good thing in some ways, as water is the best diuretic there is, but on the other hand, I also lose a lot of other trace elements and minerals I needed, so I have had to supplement a bit until I get everything back into a schedule. My body will adjust to this on its own, but I really don't want my family doctor coming down on me for forgetting this simple thing. When I exercise and sweat, I lose even more electrolytes, so it is vital to me to keep things in place. Simply drinking a sports drink once a day work, but the added sugar wasn't what I wanted, so I went for a supplement until I am back on track here. I also don't have to worry as much about the extra salt I am getting by eating my sunflower seeds ( I practically live on these things). I still have to be careful, until I do all the research and see how things are affected overall, but I noticed I was getting a bit sluggish and pale until I started supplementing. When I do ALL the research, you'll be the next to know. :-)

Remember, we all stumble and fall, and sometimes need a hand up. Never let anyone steal your joy. Chat God up, He really likes it, and you will feel better...and most of all, GO BE PHYSICAL for a while today.....tomorrow might be too late.
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words