See the Light

I received an email last night with a VERY inflammatory photo. It wasn't dirty or anything, and while I did some research and found that most likely the photo was fake, I discovered something along the way. There are a LOT of angry, hateful people in this country. The friend who sent this to me is NOT one of these people, just simply forwarded along an email....My facebook page is covered with angry posts from angry people on both sides of the fence. My experiences online have led me to meet many other people, who are just angry, or maybe they are just hateful (I can never be sure) If there are so many such people in this country, with the great lives we have,  then how many more must there be in other countries where life isn't so great? How much pain, and sadness and anger must we exhibit before we realize that happiness, joy, and peace are right at our fingertips?

Our joy isn't based in the country we live, our job, or even our life. It's based on how we see these things. Our true joy is found inside us and around us. Find the beauty in your life. It's everywhere. In your child's smile, the flowers that bloom, and for me it's in nature. For some it's in creating things. For others it's in machines. Whatever makes you happy, just do it for a while. Even 5 minutes of doing something that makes you happy will stay with you for hours, if not days.

Ecclesiastes says in chapter 1 it's meaningless to worry, because there is nothing new under the sun. The sun rises and sets, then rises again, the wind blows and changes and the streams flow into the seas yet the seas are never full. I think I may have a new favorite book in my Bible.  How beautifully it's put that worry won't change anything. So go be happy for a while.....it's good for you!!

I started this blog to talk about the effects of anger on our relationships, and I went on a tangent about joy. It's great being a woman, because little tangents like this make perfect sense to us. I think I was meant to speak of joy more so than hatred and anger, because I am just more knowledgeable about joy than anger. I am just a basically happy person. I have my days where I feel sorry for myself and wallow in my own pity, but overall I am happy.  The book of Ecclesiastes goes on to say, later, there is a time for everything under heaven. A time to live, a time to die, a time for joy, a time to cry, a time for peace, and a time for war. I guess this is just my time for peace and joy. I don't fear war, I don't fear tears, and I don't fear death. I do fear the hatred and anger I see in others, however, because that is so damaging to the loving people around me. Maybe fear is the wrong word? I feel pain for the people who have so much anger bottled inside them, that they can't see the beauty around them.

Matthew 6:22, 23 (NKJV)
 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Make your eyes good, and see the light!!!!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God