Boulders in the Road

A friend told me a story this week, which I have been holding onto lately. Thanks EV!!

The Lord found a faithful man one day...He told the man there was a hugh bolder in the road....He lead the man to that place...He instructed the man "Move this rock" The man was overwelmed...

The rock was 100 times his size and weight....He stood there day after day.......Pushing with all his might...He was frustrated he cried out to God....Why am I to do this impossible task...He regrouped and started his task again...God saw fit to feed him and provide him everything he needed to remain on the task at hand....

The man pushed and pushed....day and night for weeks...Weeks turn into months....The man noticed that his body was transforming ....The push and strain had built incredible muscles on him...He woke up everyday ready to push and not budge the rock a inch...

He prayed and told God...I now realize why i was sent here to do this task....God ask him WHY??? The man said "By doing this and feeling as I were wasting my time and effort I have become stronger and healthier and able to do what I could not before...God was pleased...

The next task God put in the man's way he handled as if he had but air to move...We might always see the rock in the road...But it takes divine thought to realize it makes us able to move other mountains we could not before.


I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and usually learning what we can handle gives us the strength to handle more. Sometimes, though, I think I should have have the strength of Samson by now. The patience of Job and the wisdom of Solomon too. Ok Maybe having the wisdom of Solomon is a bit much to wish for, but I know with all the trials life throws at us, we must be close by the time the journey's over.

Sometimes I wish I could go back into my memories and just be a child again. Life was simpler. Church on Sundays, ditchum until way after dark in the summer, school in fall and winter, bowling on Saturdays, cello lessons on Mondays, ballet and tap on Tuesdays and Thursdays and football games on Friday nights. Those were the days!! I had never heard of cancer, or spinal diseases. Kids in wheelchairs were ok, because they could still shoot baskets with us, we rode our skateboards or bicycles everywhere. And Mom told us when it was time to clean up and get in bed. "One more sound comes out of that bedroom, and I am coming in there" was the worst thing you could imagine. Those were the days!! But back to grown up life, and getting on with getting better. 


Remember.....love someone with everything you have. Smile at a stranger, it might be the only one they see. Talk to God, He will listen and answer, and you'll BOTH feel better after. Sacrifice something for someone else, God did it for us. Mostly GO BE PHYSICAL TODAY!!!! Tomorrow may be too late. 
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God