Reminders

It's been a stressful, worry-some, exciting, exhausting and wonderful past few weeks here in my hometown. My time here has been spent reminiscing, working(hard), learning, and trusting. Most of all, I miss my family and home. I complain a lot about the pain I feel, and sometimes God steps in and tells me it could be worse.

My friend is facing cancer treatments, and while she has my prayers and any support and love I can give her, it has been a reminder to me, that I am very blessed. Her pain does not negate mine in any way, but it does serve to remind me there are worse things than physical pain.

 Another friend was arrested this week, on serious charges. Again, my payers and support go out to him and his family, but nothing I do for them will change what has happened. All I can do is offer my love and support as they deal with accusations. While their pain in no was negates my pain, it serves to show me there are worse things than financial pain.

I met a woman recently, who has lost her family to a fire. She lost her children, and belongings simply because of an electrical malfunction. I prayed with her, and continue to pray for her. Again, her pain does not negate my pain, but it serves to remind me there are worse things than the emotional pain I feel.

This may sound like I am depressed and in need of something, but I'm not. I am not sad, but mindful. I may hurt and face great changes coming in my life, but I now realize that if I had nothing, then I would have nothing to lose, and if I give nothing, then I will get nothing in return.  Looking back at my life up to now, I have done great things. I have given life, saved a life, held new life, risked my own life for another, risked my own life for thrills, found eternal life (or my perception of eternal life), loved without reason, loved someone more than they have loved me, and now I love forever.  In 40 years I have done more than some ever do in 100 years. I have had many chances to be better, and some I have taken and learned, and some I have passed. I have learned to take responsibility for my own mistakes, and I have learned how to fully forgive myself and others. I have learned to love with no boundaries. A very full life indeed, and it's not over- it's only a new beginning.

Remember: Talk to your creator, He loves to hear from you. Smile at a stranger, it may be the only friendly face they see. Take a chance and love someone with no shame. Learn from your mistakes, then move on and forgive yourself.....Most of all, be physical today...tomorrow may be too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God