Only a Father's Love

Wanna make God laugh?.....Tell Him you have your life under control and can handle it.....Then watch as He laughs and says, "so you think so, do you?"  For everything I have done in my life, He gets the credit. Who else can let me screw up, fall down, punish me for my foolishness, then pick me, dust me off and hold me until Iam strong enough to carry on? Only a father's love can do this. I know many don't know this sort of love from anyone here on Earth, and that is sad, since I have one of the bestest daddys in the world. The great thing is, God can teach you that love, even if you've never experienced it here.

My dad is a quiet man, friendly, hard working, rarely complains, treats most with respect and dignity whether they deserve it or not, and loves his family with all his heart. Can you tell I am daddy's girl yet? I am the youngest child of  three, and the only girl. This comes with a lot of benefits, no doubt. This also comes with a LOT of responsibility. The saying goes: A son is a son 'til he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life. This is a VERY true saying, in my case at least. My husband is close to his mom, but nothing like I am with my family. Even living 700 miles away from them, I will drop anything and come when I feel they need me. This visit has been no different. I came thinking I would only be here a couple weeks, get things going and leave, and as it turns out I am needed more than I thought.

There was a millionaire on tv being interviewed a few days ago. When asked: What was the best thing your dad taught you about business, he replied: the knowledge that I could always come back if I failed. With that I had the courage to try, fail, try again and succeed.... I have always had that support too. I know at any time, any place or any day, if I need to I can come home, and my dad will take care of me. Because I know this, I know I am out on my own by choice, and if I fail it was because of my choices.

While I am fortunate enough to know that sort of unconditional love here on Earth, I realize that many don't. While this is sad to me, I know there is a cure for that. The love of God can replace lost love here. It's a different feeling and a different way to love and be loved, but it does fill the gaps, which was left by a cruel, unfeeling world. I know this will sound corny to many people, but the feeling is real. I read the book, "The Father Heart of God" by Floyd McClung Jr. If you need to learn how to forgive yourself, and others and love people with the heart of God....this is a GREAT book!!

Remember: Talk to God, He likes it and you will feel better. Love without boundaries. Smile at people when you see them. But most of all go be physical.....tomorrow may be too late.
Peace!!

Comments

  1. Nice thoughts... well I guess life isnt as hard now that you put it that way. -Kim Foster

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God