For My Daughters

I was blessed with three daughters. The oldest two turn 18 and 16 tomorrow. Talk about feeling old, I will officially have a child who is an adult tomorrow. It's funny but the closer this day has come, the more I visualize her as an infant. Easter dinner, I pictured her sitting in my lap, sharing my plate when she was about 1 year old.  I remember when they were newborns, and I walked them around the yard introducing them to the trees and the flowers and even though they don't remember that, I instilled a value in them, and that young moment. I taught them that trees and flowers and even bugs are beautiful creations with purpose and cause.

Sarah, my oldest, will be graduating soon and leaving me to go on to college. She thinks she will major in psychology right now, but as her mind grows and she experiences life on her own, that may change. Whatever path she takes I hope she follows her heart, uses the grace and mercy she's been taught, and uses the common sense that God gave her. As precious as she is to me, she is even more precious to Him.

Alex, my 16year old, is sweet and funny and very loving, even if she doesn't always know how to show it, yet. I have watched her go through many phases, and while I haven't liked them all, they have all served to mold her into the totally great teen that is her. Sarah and Alex are best friends. They share so much more than a birthday. They share secrets and jokes, and they have a bond that goes so far beyond sisterhood.

I have noticed, that as Sarah has grown into a woman, and pulled away from the family more, to live her own life, Alex has begun to bond more with her younger sister. They have started sharing laughs and jokes and help with each others hair, and while they may never be a close as the oldest two, I hope they cherish this bond they are creating as much as I enjoy watching it happen.

All of my children are different. It's funny, you'd think that having two daughters born on the same day, even two years apart they would be so much more alike, but that is not the case at all!! Sarah is outgoing, vibrant and clear in her decisions. (even if she doesn't think so) Alex has a quieter spirit, a bit shier (even if she swears she's not really quiet and shy, she just can't get a word in between her sisters) and has a very loving way about her. They are both stubborn and tough, pretty as a picture and just make me very proud to be a mom. I have awesome kids!

Happy Birthday to my girls. I wish you a year of dreams coming true and a lifetime of happiness and love.

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God