Somewhere Along The Road

Pain and drugs seem to go hand in hand. Whether it's emotional pain or physical pain, there is a drug on the market (or under the table) to make it "better". The problem with this is, the drugs are as bad as the problem itself. I learned this when I was in my early 20's and diagnosed with a form of epilepsy. I don't have what most think of as a seizure: I simply zone out for about a minute, and sometimes actually pass out. They tried several medications on me, and the side effects were horrible. One actually made me stutter for weeks, before I told the doctor I didn't have that problem before I started taking that med, and I didn't care if it was a known side effect or not, I wasn't taking it anymore.....oddly enough 4 days after I stopped the medication, the stutter went away. Two months later (after I changed physicians) he called me and apologized to me, telling me further studies had proven that stuttering and speech issues were now a known side effect. Go figure?  A few years later, after moving here, to South Carolina, the seizures got bad, it seemed like the hotter it got the more often the seizures came.  Back to the doctor I went. I told this doctor which medications I had tried and I had no intentions of using them again. He said it's rare but sometimes fluid builds up on the brain causing this type of seizure, and knowing my wishes to treat as naturally as possible, he asked me to try an over the counter diuretic for a while, and see what happens. Presto, fewer seizures.

Now comes the challenge, I have to drink a gallon of water a day, to compensate for my normal losses PLUS the losses from the diuretics. What a catch 22!! I have noticed however, in the few weeks I have been using this new therapy for my back, that my need for the diuretics has diminished. I have also noticed, my eyes are brighter, my skin is clearer, and my hair is shinier. I can still tell when I need to reduce the fluids in my body, but overall, I am feeling healthier.

My point with all this is, with all the training medical doctors have, they have missed the basics. Somewhere down the line, no one taught them that the body is 75% water and the brain is closer to 80% I think. They are so focused with treating th symptoms than the whole person, they have missed the simplest thing of all. Wouldn't it make more sense to teach the new doctors the basics of the human body, how it works, and what it needs to continue to work? The food pyramid is a great guideline, but it's not perfectly accurate, NO ONE talks about drinking enough water. From what I have learned, some of the most complex diseases of the body can be reversed by just drinking water. It won't happen overnight but it CAN happen, and people have done years, even decades of research to prove this. Why do we think diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other ailments didn't affect the people during the days of the Bible? Because people ate pure, unprocessed foods, and drank mostly water. (of course this is my opinion) I am not saying if everyone drinks enough water, doctors will not be needed, but I am saying people, in general, will be a LOT healthier, health care costs will go down, and doctors can have a better relationship with their patients.

Lord, today I ask that you continue to give me the drive to overcome this illness, the faith to move mountains, and the mercy to recognize when I hurt others. Give me the Heart of Christ and the Eyes of You.

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God