Keep Your Eye on the Prize!

The thing about undertaking a life changing way of living, is if you want the benefits you have to continue this for life. For me that means giving up a lot of my beloved drink-sweet iced tea, and drinking a LOT of water. People think when you drink tea or juice or anything really, that you're getting water anyways, so it's a fair trade. Not so. Other drinks besides fresh water have things in which actually take the water from your body, causing you to be more dehydrated than before you drank them. My problem is forty years of habit is VERY hard to break. I know I should drink at least two to three quarts of water per day, more right now as I replenish my body's needs, but the problem is, for forty years I have HATED drinking water, and that is an extremely hard habit to break. My body is telling me to drink water, drink water, drink water.....my head is saying ewwwww icky.

Between not drinking enough water, yesterday and this morning, and probably being over zealous in my exercise routines, I hurt today. No walking on the treadmill for me today. If you know me, you know how hard it is for me to take even one day off from walking, as I am an avid hiker and I truly miss being out in the woods and would probably trade my left arm for a chance to go out to the woods again right now! All whining aside now, I know that if I don't take this slow and easy, I will have to start back at square one.....again. Keep my focus on my goal of being whole again, and my mind on my body, I will take today off, drink my water, and be lazy. I don't want to take a pain med, unless I can absolutely not stand the pain any longer, which may not be in my best interest, but it's how I am.

Even being off my feet, I can still say," This is a day the Lord has made, be glad and rejoice!!" Lord willing, tomorrow is a new day, and I can walk again. My goal is still to be hiking by fall, and this is only a minor set-back. 

Remember, don't give anyone enough power over your life to steal your joy,  eat well, drink more water than you think you need, an find a way to de-stress your life- pray, meditate, workout, whatever it is that you find soothing. And one more thing, go be physical for a while!! Get your body moving, because you never know when you might not be able to again.
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Can Never Go Home

Three Simple Words

Let Go and Let God